Pretoria / Tshwane is an historic and esteemed city, but it is also an excellent base from which to explore many attractions. Pretoria / Tshwane conference packages can be tailored to suit all interests and provide exciting experiences that make unforgettable memories.
© Safari after a conference in Pretoria at Askari Game Lodge
Travel after a conference in Pretoria / Tshwane is easily achieved. The city is well connected on major road / rail networks and there are 3 stations in the Pretoria area for the magnificent high speed Gautrain
. The OR Tambo International Airport is the closest airport and reached via a direct highway link. A hop on / off bus departs regularly from Church Square to visit top central attractions, and there are also steam train rides.
Business delegates short on time can still enjoy great local attractions and exciting day trips with Pretoria / Tshwane conference travel
packages. There are 8 theatres to choose from, including the wonderful State Theatre, and many historic buildings, museums, houses and monuments including the famous Union Buildings to discover.
Visitors will find numerous peaceful settings in the city
including the National Botanical Gardens, the National Zoological Gardens and a great variety of nature reserves. Wildlife can be seen on safari and at various sanctuaries, parks and specialist centres nearby such as the De Wildt Cheetah Centre. Pretoria has its own meteorite crater and the World Heritage Site Cradle of Humankind, is 45 minutes away.
Quick and easy day trips can be taken on Pretoria / Tshwane conference packages. Dinokeng has many top attractions including the famous Cullinan Diamond mine tour; Hartebeespoort Dam
is a popular escape for watersports, country fare, arts / crafts, animal attractions, an aquarium, outdoor activities and a scenic cable-way. The Magaliesberg Meander is a lovely journey through the mountains enjoying country fare, magical scenery, tree canopy tours and adventure.
Ideas for Pretoria / Tshwane conference travel packages
- Health & Wellness - spas, bush retreats, salons, clinics, hydros
- Shopping - from popular markets to spectacular malls
- Nightlife - theatres, casinos, bars, night clubs, shows, opera
- Cuisine - local, traditional, international, speciality
- History & Culture - museums, buildings, art, townships, craft
- Sport - uni-campus, Loftus Versveld, Supersport Park, Pilditch athletics
- Golf - huge choice of courses with 12 around the city alone
- Adrenalin - climbing, skydiving, paragliding, paintball, go-karting
- Outdoor - hiking, biking, riding, boating, ballooning, motor racing
- Watersports - water & jet skiing, parasailing, fishing, sailing
- Wildlife - Zoo, big game parks, reserves, sanctuaries, safaris
- Unique - Cullinan Mine, Tswaing Crater, Cradle of Humankind
- Scenery - Magaliesberg, Hartebeespoort, reserves, gardens, dams
Travel after a conference in Pretoria / Tshwane can also include top national attractions such as Kruger National Park safaris
, Durban and Port Elizabeth bush and beach holidays, Garden Route self-drives, Cape Winelands tours and Northern Cape adventures.